This flavorful vegetarian road trip sandwich is sure to please everyone in the car. Roast the vegetables for this Mediterranean Vegetable Wrap beforehand to assemble wraps or keep them separate in an air-tight container. In a pinch, raw vegetables will be just as tasty!
1 bell pepper (yellow, orange, red, or green), cut into thin 2-inch slices
1 zucchini, cut into thin 2-inch slices
½ yellow onion, cut into thin slices
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tortilla (flour or spinach)
3 Tbsp. garlic hummus
2–3 Tbsp. packaged tabbouleh
oz. haloumi cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add onion, zucchini, and bell pepper to pan. Mix with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast vegetables for 20-30 minutes.
- Lay out tortilla.
- Spread hummus in a thin, even layer to cover one side of tortilla
- Spoon tabbouleh in center of tortilla. Top with 3-4 slices of pepper, zucchini, and onion and cheese cubes.
- Tightly roll wrap from one side, using hummus to help hold it together. Tuck in the ends of the tortilla.
Roasted vegetables make enough for 4-6 wraps.
If available, microwave tortilla for 10-30 seconds before assembling to make more pliable.
Keywords: sandwich, wrap, vegetarian, road trip