A deli turkey and Swiss sandwich is a crowd-pleaser and an easy sandwich to pack for a road trip. For this basic meat and cheese sandwich recipe I used slices of smoked turkey and Swiss cheese on white bread, but you can mix it up with any combo of deli meats, cheeses, breads, or condiments! Try roast beef, chicken, ham, cheddar, provolone, wheat bread, mustard – whatever combo you desire!
2 slices white bread
2 slices of deli turkey
1 slice of Swiss cheese
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1–2 slices tomato
1–2 pieces of iceberg, Boston, or other green leaf lettuce
- Lay out one slice of bread on a cutting board or plate.
- Spread mayonnaise over one side of the slice of bread.
- Top bread with lettuce, tomato, turkey, and cheese.
- Lay the remaining slice of bread over top and cut the sandwich in half.
- Category: sandwich, lunch
Keywords: sandwich, lunch, road trip, turkey, Swiss cheese